Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wonder and Wonder

We were told that if the attendance is not better by today then we will not be in school for Thursday or Friday. Well today as far as I know attendance was down, kids are checking out of school it seems like every minute but as far as I know we are still having school. This is something that should not even be an issue, if the administrators say we are going to be out if "blank" happens then when "blank" happens we should be out. Right? I am new to the school system, I just follow along with what I am told to do but man that seemed to be the topic in every class and lunch period that I was in today. If rather or not we are coming to school is the focus of both teachers and students then what are we really accomplishing during that time we are there? I am not saying that I have an answer by any means but there has to be one out there, and it might curb the distraction somewhat.
The students have seemed to take to me somewhat, the ones that understand what I am doing seem to want to know more and the ones that do not like to work would rather me not show up. In Teaching with Love and Logic on page 130 it talks about rescuing our kids from consequences far to frequently. I want to be positive and find something that each kids is good at but when they are not willing to put forth any effort I can not rescue them from the consequences. I want my students to be successful but I am not willing to give them anything, they have to earn what they get.

Hear the meaning within the word.
William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment