Thursday, October 22, 2009

Leadership

Today I added another topic on my collaboration plan, my student sleeps alot. I am not real sure what is going on at home, I want to ask but am afraid of the answer. I know that not all students have the best home life but I am really worried that there are more with bad situations then good one. I have to make sure that I think of that everyday I remind myself that I might be the only smiling face a kid sees all day. I have heard some crazy stories since I have been in the school, some of the stories are almost the same as the girl in the Teaching with Love and Logic who was afraid of the make teacher. I have to think and really make sure about things before I act or say. I want the kids to know that I am interested in what they do but at the same time I am not their buddy. I want to keep some boundaries up but I want them to feel safe and comfortable.

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is not path and leave a trail.
Harold R. McAlindon

No comments:

Post a Comment