I want to talk about something totally off the topic, I want to talk about finding a job. How do you find a job? I want to think that the harder you work and the more people who know that you are a go getter would pay off but no, it is all about who you know. I just want to wrap my head around this and maybe it will help if I put it into words. I have heard the you can get hired by the school board, I have heard that board does not matter the principal hires and fires. I want a job, but I would like to thank that I would be the one getting the job not someone else giving me the job. I know that I am off topic but I wanted to see what you guys thought and if there is anything you can do if you don't know someone in the system?
Back to the control in the classroom issue, I want control but I also want my students to enjoy my class and walk out learning something that might stick with them for the rest of their life. I am not looking to be the teacher of the year, the one teacher that all students want to take but the one who kids say he really teaches you what you need to know. I have had teachers who talk the entire class and then test you over something that is entirely different I do not want to be that guy.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.
Vince Lombardi
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment