Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall Break 10-14-09

Day three of the Fall Break for WCHS, I want to talk more about classroom control, I want to make sure that we cover this topic well. I want my kids to have fun, learn and maybe even ask questions. I think that high school students need to freedom to ask real life questions, such as how do I go about getting a car loan. I want my students to be able to act like adults when they leave high school. I know that it is not my job to make sure that all people who graduate be able to explain the loan system but I think it does take a village to raise a young person. If I make my students accountable for what they do in my class, then I hope they will take that with them when they leave and move on to their next venture. In Teaching with Love and Logic it talks about giving up some control and I know that is something that I struggle with, I am a micro manager and the this is something that I need to get better at, because I am not looking for control I am looking for cooperation.

A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.
Francis Bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment