Friday, October 2, 2009

Grind it Out

Being in a grove is something that makes life understandable, when you get into a rhythm you can plan on what is going to happen during your day. When your rhythm is broken you start to wonder what is going to happen next, you need a schedule to stay in your grove. On Monday I hope to be back in my daily grove. Student and teachers alike need to stay in a rhythm, I would venture to say that when we get back to school next week the kids will be on their own page. I will have to remind them that they have had a week off and now it is time to get back to work. The one question I have is how the school will go about making up the days that have been missed? In The Field Guide to Teaching is takes about having a understanding about what the school is trying to do with its students. Having a relationship with the front office will allow you organize your plans to how the schedule is going to be set up.

You're happiest while you're making the greatest contribution.
Robert F. Kennedy

2 comments:

  1. Richard you are asking good questions and lots of them could be answered by school administrators - I hope you have the opportunity to ask them! stay well. 5/5 points

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard I know what you mean about kids having problems getting back on track after they have been out for scheduled and unscheduled days. Having the school close for a week for the flu and then return for a week then out for next week for Fall break is not very productive. It is sort of like you are having to do major review before you can move on to new content. Your blog is great; I really enjoyed reading what you are doing in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete