Today we got back in school, we have had a Fall Break and a Flu Break but today we got back to the business at hand. In all my classes today we went back over what we talked about the previous week that we had school, it seemed that the students remembered what we had covered before they left. I the students were tired in the first couple of classes, I asked what the problem was and they all said that they were not used to getting up that early. I have one student in my class who really has no desire to learn, he sleeps most of the time, when he is not sleeping then he is off task, what in the world do I have to so to make him want to learn? I asked my ST today and she said that is was up to me, I could handle it but if he made no progress then to write him up and he would have Saturday detention. I do not want to make him come to school on an off day I think that will shut him off even more. I am going to talk with him in the morning and find out what is going on with him and ask him how I can help. I want him to feel comfortable enough to ask for help if that is what he needs, but at the same time I am not going to allow him to fail without trying to help find a means for a change.
The less people speak of their greatness, the more we think of it.
Lord Bacon
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment