It's Friday and the football team goes on the road tonight and has a chance to win the District Championship. The school seems to have very little school spirit, the teachers all have on t-shirts that support the team but other than that there really was not much going on. It seemed like earlier in the season the school did a lot more for the team. I am not sure what the games are like if it is not raining, there has only been two games when it was not pouring down rain. The weather tonight does not look good.
I had a student today tell me that he was never going to understand what we were doing. This is the same kid who sleeps most of the days. I went and woke him up and told he that he was not going to receive credit if he did not at least try and work through the problems. When he finally opened the document but did not really want to work alone, when ever he could not look of another computer he would raise his hand and say I don't understand. The people around him have got tired of him asking how to do things, they have stopped helping him because they understand that they will never get anything in return. I want the students to learn and I want them to turn in work but I want it to be their work.
Life is short, art long, opportunity fleeting, experience treacherous, judgement difficult.
Hypocrites
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment