Thursday, October 1, 2009

What to do, what to do

Four days out of school and we are not even to Fall Break yet, I am starting to see why teachers and administration can get frustrated when students are missing school. The one thing that I can't understand is how can one school in the county miss a week for illness and the other school ten miles away never misses a day? I have seen the students in both places now and I am not sure how it works.

I understand that illness is a real thing and that the school needs to have a certain percentage in school to receive the money from the state but I am not sure when you know when to call school off in advance and when to have it. Working with the teachers and administration is key, I have only been in the school for three weeks now and I can already see where you need to have an open line of communication to the front office. In The Field Guide to Teaching it talks about communicating with the people around you, you can not be a successful teacher without having good people around you. It takes a village to raise a child and also to mold a new teacher.

Look to be treated by others as you have treated others.
Publius Syrus

No comments:

Post a Comment