Monday, October 5, 2009

Were Back

Today I got to get back in the classroom in the capacity of a teacher, the students were not happy to be back but they seemed to have missed the structure of the day. We started the day off rough, we had two girls in the class yelling and screaming at each other, I am not sure what it was about because I was the second teacher to come into the room. My supervising teacher took them to talk with the counselor. I took control of the class and we started the class, I picked up where we left off from the previous lesson. The class seemed to understand where we left off with a small review of what we did before we were ran out of the school by the flu bug. One thing that I have seen in the school system is the lack of love for the kids. These kids might not have anyone at home, on page 128 of Teaching with Love and Logic it talks about one of are strongest desires is to be loved. These kids might give you a hard time but they just want to see how far they can push you before you push back. I want all my students to be successful and have a good time but I also want them to understand what it means to work. I know that school is not real work but most of the students I am around it is the closet they have been to a hard days work. I have a quote today that means a lot to me, and I think it should be the motto for all teachers and coaches.

They don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care.
Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment