Today something happened that I am not sure would ever happen. I was sitting in my student teacher's room, I was not going to teach today in my first period class, I was going to give them an activity to do, there was a substitute today and I was going to grade papers with my ST. The kids from the class came across the hall and asked me if I could teach and not let the substitute run the class and just do the activity. The reason I was not going to teach was so that the others class would be behind. The kids asked my teacher if I could come teach and she said that they could come if I want to. The kids told me they would be good and work and not even ask questions. I felt flattered, I am not sure if they really like me teaching them or if they really do not like the substitute, but either way I felt pretty good about myself today. Another thing that happened today was picture day for clubs, since one of my class is considered a club they all had to go get their picture taken. I never thought about having my picture taken because I am just here for the semester but they were very adamant about me being in the picture. This really made me feel like part of the class, I know that I am only there part time but they have seemed to open up to me and try to make me feel welcome.
Happiness is not a matter of events, it depends upon the tides of the mind.
Alice Meynell
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment