This is the last day of the Fall Break, I have one more day until I get back to the normal timetable. I want to stay with same topic, classroom control I always think about what will I do in that first fight, how will I handle it, will the class think that I have my room under control? These are questions that I ask myself. I want the kids in room to feel like I am in complete control of all activities in the room, they can say what they need to and not be judged by people in the room. I do not want to have my thumb on them so that they can not think, I do not want robots, I want creative beings. I know I am getting to deep but it is the truth, I can read from the book and they can repeat but what are we really teaching then? Not much, in my opinion. I want the students do see the reason behind doing the work, I want to be upfront with them to why we are doing certain activities. I do not want to give useless work that is not going to make an impact in any way. I want to teach things that matter and things that they can take with them.
Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.
Brian Tracy
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment