I have never seen so many kids sick at the same time. I have found out all about how the state pays the school. You have to have a certain percentage in school for the school to recieve money from the state. Would have never known but now that I'm on the inside I get the insdie information.
I have been asking around since I have been teaching to see how the system works and how to get a job, most of the answers I have heard is it is who you know. I understand that the world works that way but you have to be certified to teach and then know someone, hope i met the people that I need to.
In The Field Guide to Teaching I have learned that the principal is the person who hires the teachers in his/her school. Before I read that I thought that the superintendent was the person who put people in the schools. I am glad that I got to read this book so that I would not look like the idiot talking to the superintendent trying to find a job.
The essential thing is not knowledge, but character.
Joseph Le Conte
Friday, September 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Richard, you are running in to some of the toughest problems and biggest question of education - I am so happy that quality people like you are coming in to the profession to continue to ask those questions and try to solve them. Don't get discouraged!! 5/5 points
ReplyDelete