I have been asking myself, what makes a students not want to even attempt the work? What could I do to get the kids to want to do there work and to better thyself? Teaching with Love and Logic on page 79 it states: "people are motivated to enhance their sense of self worth." Well what if they don't even attempt? I know that they think they can't so they won't try but really I am not sure that goes for everyone. I have watched students listen to the assignment, open the book and look at the work, and shut the book and go about what they were doing. I just do not understand not even trying to better yourself. I hope to be able to get to some of these students while I am here but who knows.
I want to make students understand that there is a life that is going to happen after they graduate. This is something they need to understand, I want them to be able to function in the society we live in. They might not be a CEO of a Fortune 500 company but they will be able to function and buy a house and a car and pay taxes. I want them to have what they want, but I want them to want more.
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Helen Keller
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment