Monday, September 21, 2009

Computer Applications

Today I took over both of my computer applications classes, I was sole for the entire period. These two classes are back to back so I felt a lot more comfortable teaching the second period because I knew what questions the students were going to ask me. I can tell that the kids are used to a different style of teaching because it took them about ten minutes to get on track with me. I have two girls that sit in the back of the room who really had no idea that class was even going on, tomorrow they will not sit together, I am going to break them apart. Overall I think that both classes went fine, I need to put more directions on the board, I am killing myself just trying to answer questions. The book that I am using is really detailed so I can always refer them to the book so I do not have to spoon feed them everything. In Teaching with Love and Logic on page 90 it talks about nonverbal body language, today I tried to stay positive and show the kids that I knew this material frontward and backward. I am very familiar with the material but as far as solving computer problems I am not, so lets just hope one does not crash and I have to find the material.

There go the people. I must follow them for I am their leader.
Alexandre Ledru-Rollin

No comments:

Post a Comment