Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sickness Continues

This is the second day that WCHS is out of school, one good thing about having two schools in the same town is that you can pick up other classroom time. I am going to pick up two days at Williamsburg High School, even know they are in the same county they are not running on the same sick schedule. I have watched and learned under four teachers so far this year and will probably see more rooms in other parts of the state if this swine flu does not come to a halt. I really enjoy seeing how different people teach and go about handling the same types of classes. I have spoke with a teacher in a private school in Owensboro that said I was more than welcome to come and teach in his class during out fall break. This helps me to understand what I want my class to be like when I have my own class. I will take bits and pieces from all that I have observed and hopefully make mine a great learning environment. This goes along with The Field Guide to Teaching and how to manage a class. Using a variety of what I have seen and what I think will work should make my class some what advanced in their learning .

People with many interests live, not only longest, but happiest.
George Matthew Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment