Today was my first evaluation day, I thought it went great. The kids were really good and let me get through the lesson. The meeting that Dr. Gibson and I had after the class was amazing, I found out what I was doing and what I needed to work on. I felt comfortable in front of the class, I know that I need to get better but that will come with time.
In Teaching with Love and Logic they talk about dealing with students with issues, the example they used was a female student who has had a home life with abusive males in her life. When the teacher came up and asked her to put her make-up away she went off on him. The teacher had no idea of her background and did not go about it in the wrong way but she still felt out of place.
This is an example that you have to treat all students as individuals, you have to find out about their background and treat them accordingly.
After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment