Friday, September 11, 2009

Field Trips are Cool

Today was my first experience of students outside of school, they can really change their feathers when you take them outside the walls of the building. I think that they are starting to come around to me being there with them. They want to know more about why I am there, they are starting to talk to me on another level.

Today I got to talk with one student in the class who has hard time staying on task. I have picked up what he likes in just the little time that I have been there but that one thing might help me make him a student who can at least function like most other students. I am not sure if that the way is should be done but if it works it works. I hope that I can make it work for both are sakes. I really think that this young man is smart but has no real desire to be in the school setting. I am not really sure about his background but I hope to find more out as time goes on.

Helping is what we are supposed to do and there really is no handbook or website that can walk you through all the situations you might encounter and that is something I keep realizing. I am trying to treat all the students as individuals because that is what they are, and sometimes that is hard for me to see when I am in the middle of something.


Try not to become a man of success but a man of value.
Albert Einstein

1 comment:

  1. Richard, thanks for your work this week - 5 entries is good! I love the quotes. I am guessing you didn't connect to readings because you don't have your books yet, so I won't ding you for that. However, you need to watch writing mechanics as best you can - I can overlook a few but you had a bunch, so this week 4/5 points.

    ReplyDelete