Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sent Away

Today I had to listen to my students talk about one of their classmates that just got sent away. This was not the first time that this happened, he was sent away before but only for a week now he is going to be gone till February. Curtis is the student's name, he was my favorite student, he was always smiling, we got along good, there was just something about him that was interesting. I talked to Curtis on Monday and he said that he had to go to court and more than likely he was going to get sent off, he said that his grades were really bad and that the judge was going to send him off. I have never had to deal with that, I never even heard of someone getting sent off when I was in school, this is all new. as Curtis was talking to me one of the other students in the class overheard him and said that he also had to go to court. So I had two students in the court system on the same day, I talked to them about it but I was blown away, I was just dumbfounded, this was all new to me. I tried to tell them that this was not good and it should not be a habit of theirs, they need to break the trend and figure it out and get back to being a teenager. What is going on these days? How do you deal with that?

Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow.
Doug Firebaugh

No comments:

Post a Comment