I asked one question about who I needed to talk to to find this information to my student teacher and she said " Mrs. Centers, definitely her, if she does not have the information she will know who you need to talk to." She was right, Mrs. Centers had all the information that I needed, she had it all at her fingertips, she was more than happy to talk with me about the school and the community and what is offered to help the students as well as me as a new teacher. This was something that I found amazing, all I have heard since I have been here is how poor the community is and how it is hopeless, most of the kids will never make it because they have nothing. The question that I have is why are they parents not using this great system that they have set up right here, I am not sure what the percentage of kids in the school that use this but Mrs. Centers did tell me that every school in the county has a resource center in the school. People can not say they do not have opportunities, the opportunities are there if you seek them out.
Divide the fire and you will soon put it out.
Greek Proverb
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment